Cook Time: 20min
Yield: 3-4 servings
As strange as the title sounds, this is an accidental recipe found by a busy mama by over-cooking the mini cake drops. It's so crunchy that my kid loves it and requested it again!
2 egg yolks
40g all purpose flour
1/4tsp baking powder
20ml grapeseed oil
2 egg whites
10g castor sugar
Few drops of apply cider vinegar
1) Pre-heat oven at 160 Degree Celsius.
1) Mix egg yolk, flour, baking powder, oil and water until combined.
2) In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until frothy, then add sugar and vinegar and beat until the mixtures turn stiff peak.
3) Fold the egg white mixture to the egg yolk mixture gently in 3 batches.
4) Put into the batter into a piping bag, cut the tip of the piping bag.
5) Pipe the batter into mini cake drops of 2cm each onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
6) Bake for 40 minutes, cake drops should be brown at edges, lift a cake drop using a fork, if the bottom does not stick on the parchment paper, its done. If not, bake for another 2 min and try again. Repeat until you get the desired results.