Sunday 14 June 2015

Rice Cooker Milo Moist Cake

Prep Time : 15 min
Cook Time : 50 min
Yield : 4-5 servings
Freezer-friendly : No


I personakly think that the butter is too much as the cake becomes oily after cool. Not knowing if reducing the butter would affect the moistness but would definitely try one with less butter. 

The original recipe calls for cocoa powder but I realised I am running out of cocoa powder, I substitute with all Milo powder. On top, I do not have self-raising flour (as I think they are expensive to use), so I just add 1tsp of baking powder to the all purpose flour. The cake tastes so good that I have got positive comments from my family including my lo. 

Ingredients:
100ml fresh milk
80g molasses sugar
180g unsalted butter
2 eggs
100g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
50g milo powder

Steps:
1) Boil milk and sugar over low heat until combined. Add butter (save a little butter for greasing later) and stir until melted. Off fire.
2) Add lightly beaten egg and stir until combined.
3) Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and milo powder in another bowl.
4) Add flour mixture into liquid mixture, stir until combined.
5) Lightly grease rice cooker pot with butter. Pour in mixture and select Cake function.
6) To remove the cake, put a large plate to cover the pot opening and turn the pot over so the cake would land safely on the plate.

Original Recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment