Monday 20 October 2014

Fluffy Steamed Cream Cheese Cake

Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Yield : 4 cupcakes (6cm diameter)
Freezer Friendly : No


I have failed a few attempts before I found this recipe which works for me. To me, steamed cakes have simple recipe but easy to fail and the most common is the cake collapse after opening the wok lid. I have taken care to follow strictly to the steps and finally i succeeded :)

My point to note:
- Must follow : Melt cream cheese and beat with hand whisk. (In my previous tries, I did not fully melt the cream cheese, thus I have skip the beating part.)
- Must follow : Crack the egg and mix 1 by 1. (In my previous try, I beat the eggs before mixing)

So here is the recipe, happy cooking!

Ingredients:
120g cream cheese
30g brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp milk
1 1/2 tbsp grapeseed oil
90g cake flour
1 1/3 tsp baking powder

Steps:
1) Melt the cream cheese by heating in oven for 2 minutes under 200 degree celcius. Double boil method works too.
2) Beat cream cheese with hand whisk.
3) Add sugar and mix well.
4) Crack an egg into the mixture, mix well. Crack another egg and mix well. Add in milk and oil. Mix well.
5) Add in sifted cake flour and baking powder, fold the flour using a spatula by cutting the mixture in middle, fold. Turn the bowl 90 degree, repeat folding motion till mixture well incorporated.
6) Steam in wok on low heat for 20 minutes.
7) Extra careful when opening the lid as water might drop on the cakes which will make the cakes looks uncooked. Otherwise, use a steamer cloth to wrap the lid.


Did this again today 3/2/2016, perfect for my preschooler's snack!

Original Recipe:
https://en.cookpad.com/recipe/575163

No comments:

Post a Comment