Thursday 27 November 2014

Dried Scallop Congee

Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield : 3 servings for toddler
Freezer Friendly : No


It has been a hard week for me that I need to work on weekend but I know I still would love to prepare food for my baby (she is a toddler now but I still call her baby...). Saw this dried scallop porridge recipe on the book 'Cooking for Kids' by Ben Yeo and Anna Phua and decided to try it out as congee as the recipe is quick, easy, hassle free and still tasty!


Ingredients:
3 pieces of dried scallop (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes)
1/2 cup of uncooked rice
4 cups of water


Steps:
1) Put everything into the rice cooker.
2) Press 'boiling' function.
3) When the mixture is boiling (about 15 minutes), stop the 'boiling' function and press 'congee' function. This should take 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Original Recipe:
Cooking for Kids by Ben Yeo and Anna Phua

No comments:

Post a Comment