Tuesday 25 November 2014

Milo Cupcake

Prep Time : 5 minutes
Cook Time : 15 minutes
Yield : 3 small cupcakes
Freezer Friendly : No


(Update) Running out of ideas for breakfast/snack time since my pre-schooler started school Jan 2016. So made this Milo cupcake again as it is less heaty compared to oven-baked cake.


(Update) This has been my toddler favorite school lunch recently, don't you think they are equally good when steamed in a big bowl? Well, yes, I admit, lazy mama style.
        

This recipe is easy and I am truly in love with the yummy taste! My girl and I did not eat the cupcake the day I made it, I put in the fridge overnight. The next day I pop it into the steamer for 5 minutes to warm it and the texture somehow resembles chocolate moist cake. I think it would be great to add in chocolate chips for adult.

Important Tips: Ensure eggs are beaten to trap air, otherwise it would not rise that much or worse, not at all. After adding the beaten egg into Step1, just mix well, there is no need to "beat".

Ingredients:
3 eggs
3 tbsp Milo powder
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tsp baking powder

Steps:
1) Mix everything except eggs in a bowl. Remove lumps by mashing action with fork.
2) Beat eggs and add to 1). Mix well using by mashing action with a fork.
3) Pour into cupcake liner and steam under high heat for 15 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

Tips:
1) Ensure eggs are thoroughly beaten. I found that using chopsticks is the best, yes, it yields better than a whisk.
2) Ensure the batter is steamed right after mixing. Waiting will make the baking powder lost its power, the cake will not rise as much.


Original Recipe:
Amando Ho at Healthy Food for Baby (FB page)


No comments:

Post a Comment