Tuesday 2 December 2014

Long Bean Egg Pancake

Prep Time : 5 minutes
Cook Time : 15 minutes
Yield : 1 toddler serving
Freezer Friendly : No


   

As a mom, I always scratches my head on how to sip in healthy veges and meat into my toddler's meal. It has always been a conflict where I cook the food the way they are (so she knows what she is eating but risking that she will not touch the food at all) or just "hide" the vege or meat inside the food she loves so she will eat happily without fuss. 

Today, I decided to go for way 1, cook the food the way they are. So here I go with the simple long bean egg pancake. It has always been my family favorite dish as it is really delicious and healthy.

My luck today is good, she took more than half of what I cooked without fuss, of course, I have to pretend stealing food from her container so that she thinks that the food must be very tasty, lol. The other half went to the floor when she insist going off the high chair with the container in her hand.

I am still a happy mom!

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 stalk long bean
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
Few drops of Liquid Amino

Steps:
1) Wash long bean and cut into thin pieces. I cut mine around 2mm to test if my girl can accept it.
2) Beat egg. Add long bean and Liquid Amino.
3) On medium low heat, heat 1 tbsp of grapeseed oil on a non-stick wok. 
4) Pour the mixture into the wok, turn heat to low.
5) When 1 side of the cake is firm (about2-3 minutes), turn to the other side. Repeat turning until the pancake is slighty golden brown colour on both side.



No comments:

Post a Comment