Tuesday 2 December 2014

Tomato Baked Cheese

Prep Time : 2 minutes
Cook Time : 25 minutes
Yield : 1 tomato baked cheese
Freezer Friendly : No

                          After
                         Before

It has been a while since I made this for my toddler. Yes, she had been rejecting all kinds of food I cook for at least 2 months except egg. 

I notice that she becomes bored if I cook the same dish for the 2nd day so I decided to give this simple recipe a try again.

My girl was very hungry when we were on the way to dinner, she keep on asking for food. I gave her 1 pc Heinz biscuit and raisins (that was all I have) but she took all within minutes. Then asked for more and started wailing. I have no choice but to serve her the tomato baked cheese in the car. I fed her and she ate without fuss. 

I am a happy mom today!

Ingredients: 
1 big tomato
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1/2 tbsp Italian herbs
2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Dash of pepper

Steps:
1) Pre-heat oven at 210 degree celcius.
2) Wash tomato, cut into half.
3) I put the tomato halves into 2 ramekins so that it stands still and holds the cheese well.
4) Top the tomato with cheese, herbs, pepper and oil.
5) Bake for 25 minutes. 


Another version i made by slicing the tomato. Bake for 15 mins under 200 degrees and make sure oil is applied at both sides of tomato slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment